Wednesday, May 18, 2005

ANOTHER SPRING

The minute that graduation is over and the last diploma has been handed out, the last hug given, the last parent met - I head north. Opening the cabin and walking through the woods and along the Lake and creeks - we are a few weeks ahead in Milwaukee and it was 37 degrees here the other night - is like watching spring come all over again.

Fields of trillium and flocks of birds all singing brilliantly. Hummingbirds hit the feeder within five minutes of putting it up. Where do they come from? (More on this later...)

The folks at MOTHERS have set me up with dial up access, and it is humbling to realize how SPOILED we are - waiting for everything to load. But MOTHERS is a godsend and I tip my hat to them for being pioneers here. Still I run to the Les Cheneaux Library for wireless when I need to blog.

No comments: