Sunday, May 11, 2008

home - tide out


home - tide out, originally uploaded by lesliefedorchuk.

...here we are, number 5...just a short hike down the road from the village....cows at my bedroom window when I wake up, roses on the trellis - starting to open, swans honking sweetly in the distance.

Up at four thirty this morning to join about 20 folks led by Gordon D'Arcy http://www.burrencollege.ie/faculty/gordondarcy.html to listen to the dawn chorus....a wonderful walk about the area...followed by a champagne breakfast at the hotel in the village.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Ballyvaughan -- and I envy you the dawn chorus and the smell of the sea -- I actually like the "gas blotters" -- probably because I have a 14 year old son.....:)-- Barb

Anonymous said...

sunshine? champagne brunch? chorus at dawn? this was not my ballyvaughn experience. but i do remember the saturation of the green...it's just like you're swimming in it. And the fuschia as big as the houses with the bright pink. are they blooming yet? the students arrive and the quiet remains...and everyone wraps themselves in it. the tranquility of thought is one of my best memories of the place...continue to enjoy....--d.

Anonymous said...

Eleven years ago I used to share breakfast with the bulls as they grazed their way toward our cottage. Beautiful to drink coffee and eat whole yogurt and watch a fox trot home across the wet fields, and then listen to the bulls rip, tear and chew the tall grass, steam snorting from their nostrils...

Enjoy the sea bass! :) David