Monday, May 28, 2007

MUSIC

Maybe it is spending a lot of time listening to good house music of late - or maybe it is visiting my brother Matt - who always has new things to listen too - but I am a dancing fool lately. Enjoying it all. Still struggling through Rebecca Solnit....

"Some ideas are new, but most are only recognition of what has been there all along, the mystery in the middle of the room, the secret in the mirror. Sometimes one unexpected thought becomes the bridge that lets you traverse the country of the famliar in a n unprecedented way....."

Have been to two conferences in the past month - both blew me out of the water. The first - in Madison - had a keynote by Micheal Wesch. ( See the post from April 3rd) The second was in Baltimore - at MICA - where I spoke with Steve Meneely about Second Life...and really paid attention to what else was going on - as captured by my friend the ranting lunatic.

No comments: