Saturday, December 02, 2006

CyberOne: Law in the Court of Public Opinion

CyberOne: Law in the Court of Public Opinion

This is an amazing teaching idea - and I feel as if I have made some remarkable discoveries here. This past week in the course I am teaching - Printed Page/Virtual Page - we had some interesting discussions about Sec. Life and how/why it's existence and uses. I often feel that our discussions hover at the level of popular culture and don't have the depth I would like. Mostly I take the responsibility for this - for I often feel at a loss as to how to take the conversations to another level. Everytime I teach this course I make new discoveries that are happening almost faster than I can accomodate them.

Bravo to Cyber One!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you read the RSS feeds from this course? They are interesting. The ones on Empathic Arguments are a good example. Interesting topic and an interesting challenge to construct one of your own (or recall a discussion when you it would have been effective to use this strategy).

Also, interesting to read the transcript of the SL discussion. Very similar to my classroom discussions. Some students following the discussion, some not, some jumping in with points that have passed, people in and out of the room, some students missing the main point others moving it forward, backtracking for clarification, trying to keep the discussion focused and moving forward. Interesting.